Community Use of Lamar Memorial Library Resources
Use of Maryville College’s library facilities and materials is available to the public within the Lamar Memorial Library. Some online databases and other services are restricted to Maryville College students, faculty, and staff. The guidelines regarding the services available to guest users are outlined below.
- Guest users will be allowed access to library computers when available. Before using a computer, guests must sign in at the library research assistance desk and be logged on by a librarian.
- The guest Internet user agreement states “As a Guest using the Maryville College Library, I recognize that the Library’s resources are primarily for the use of MC students and that I may need to suspend my use of the computer if a student needs it."
- Guest users who wish to borrow materials must purchase a borrower's card. The card costs $50 and is renewable annually. This fee is waived for alumni of Maryville College.
- Guest users with a borrower’s card may borrow up to 4 books at any one time. The loan period for books is 21 days. Guest users may not borrow media materials or request interlibrary loans.
- Books overdue more than 15 days will be assumed lost. Borrowers will receive a bill for replacement costs of $50 plus a $25 processing fee per book. If books are returned after replacement billing, replacement costs are waived, but processing fees are not. Additional materials may not be borrowed until all overdue books are returned and all fees due are paid.
- The Maryville College Library reserves the right to limit or deny the use of materials or facilities to guest users who abuse their privileges.
March 31, 2011